NoMany agree that AI can a valuable for fashion designers, in the same way architects use computer modelling to assist design. This is because AI can process and keep a record of a large amount of data. What can AI do?
- Align Demand and Supply – AI ability to track past sales records and current trends for specific regions to predict the expected amount of production necessary. This will help brands to manage stocks and reduce overproduction. Also, demand-led production would make this process more sustainable. Some predict that AI could help to develop a mass scale demand-led production that only makes garments upon purchase.
- Personalised Service – Machine learning on chatbots could assist consumers. Guided online shopping to make the process more seamless.
- Assist design by using digital technology to make the sampling process more experimental.
- Innovate – the collaboration with fashion designers and AI is fairly new compared to other disciplines, which means there is still a long way to go.
- Develop an efficient design process. The traditional design process is often unstructured with the designer having to begin from scratch each season.
- Do repetitive tasks. This will helps designers to have a better workflow in terms of technical drawings and sourcing materials.